Is it ok for a single mom to share a bed with a three yr old son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes unless you are a pervert, then it is not.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it. My 3 yr old son crawled in the bed with me last night.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Sure but what happens when the single Mom meets someone & then they become serious & the child can no longer sleep with Mom. I think it's best for everyone to have their own bed. Habits are hard to break.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it, they hit an age where they don't want to sleep with you anymore anyway. The only problem would be if you meet a guy that you get serious about and get married or move in together before separating from your child, then he/she might see the new man as taking their place and resent them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• yes. I share a bed with my 3 yr old and 5 yr old every once in a while.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• It's ok as long as the three yo has a bed of his his own as well, so that he can choose to sleep on his own when he is ready.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• As long as she isn't sharing her bed with random dudes, it's okay. My 3 yr old has her own bed but, sleeps with me the majority of the time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• My husband works third shift and my son (5) slept with me when he was three. He still sometimes climbs into bed with me at night.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I think a 3 year old should have his own bed. If he crawls in with you at night it's different.
    If you can't afford a bed or something, and sleeping with you is the alternative, then YOU should sleep on the couch and give the child a bed.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• It's a bad habit ESP when you meet someone and your toddler keeps climbing in bed wit you. But other then that its not bad
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2013