Is it ok for a single mom to share a bed with a three yr old son?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes unless you are a pervert, then it is not.

Answer by m-avi at 11:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it. My 3 yr old son crawled in the bed with me last night.

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Sure but what happens when the single Mom meets someone & then they become serious & the child can no longer sleep with Mom. I think it's best for everyone to have their own bed. Habits are hard to break.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't see a problem with it, they hit an age where they don't want to sleep with you anymore anyway. The only problem would be if you meet a guy that you get serious about and get married or move in together before separating from your child, then he/she might see the new man as taking their place and resent them.

Answer by ohwrite at 11:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• yes. I share a bed with my 3 yr old and 5 yr old every once in a while.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• It's ok as long as the three yo has a bed of his his own as well, so that he can choose to sleep on his own when he is ready.

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:45 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• As long as she isn't sharing her bed with random dudes, it's okay. My 3 yr old has her own bed but, sleeps with me the majority of the time.

Answer by 3libras at 11:58 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• My husband works third shift and my son (5) slept with me when he was three. He still sometimes climbs into bed with me at night.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I think a 3 year old should have his own bed. If he crawls in with you at night it's different.
    If you can't afford a bed or something, and sleeping with you is the alternative, then YOU should sleep on the couch and give the child a bed.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• It's a bad habit ESP when you meet someone and your toddler keeps climbing in bed wit you. But other then that its not bad

Answer by rachel216 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2013