Is this rewarding loyalty or something else?

A woman goes on national television and lies to the American people about Benghazi. She goes on five Sunday news shows. She says the attack was in retaliation for a video on the internet and has nothing to do with terrorism. Four Americans died. We soon learn that it was an out and out act of terrorism, which was known immediately after the event. The lies directly affect the outcome of a Presidential election. Then less than 9 months later, she is promoted to National Security Advisor. This is not a position that requires Senate confirmation. So, it cannot be contested. I find this very disturbing; yet not much is being said about it. I would like to hear the thoughts of others on this matter.

NannyB.

Asked by NannyB. at 1:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Payoff. She knowingly paraded a lie. This is now well documented. Besides this..my dh a high ranking military officer said she is in no way qualified for this job to begin with.

It is almost like we are in an alternate universe or something.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• There's so much crooked crap that goes on in our govt. (at all levels) that nothing shocks or surprises me. What surprises me is how we ever get an incumbent!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Loyalty or blackmail. Just a guess.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Loyalty or blackmail. Just a guess.

Or a mixture of both!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• do you have links to prove she was lying?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• All you have to do is read the news anywhere from the last 6 months. No particular link. There have been Congressional hearings, many of which have been carried on live television. I've just been watching those events. It's pretty easy to spot a lie when the truth is being told.
    NannyB.

Comment by NannyB. (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't know enough about this particular case to make an intelligent decision. But every President will try to push the limits of his power, and that's why we have checks and balances in our Constitution. They don't work for everything, and every administration has its scandals and underhanded dealings, but overall the three branches of government are fashioned so they can keep each other from taking over.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Well, he couldn't do much else for her. SoS requires Senate confirmation, so that post was out. This is about all he could reward her with!

Sad that she can flat out lie like that, and get promoted for it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2013