Does your husband allow you to run the AC in the car...

Or do you have to ride with the windows down? It totally drives me nuts that it's 95 outside, we just went to the store and he wouldn't put the AC on. Said its not necessary, the wind feels good is always his excuse. The thing that sucks is the passenger window doesn't work anymore so only his window rolls down. Ugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Allow me...? I'm not going to be uncomfortable in my own car.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• What an ass.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• allow? Sorry I am "allowed" to do what ever the hell I want. I don't need permission to use the AC or to do anything.
    I personally use the windows myself when its a certain temperature but if its to hot outside I turn o the AC.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• No, I'd be impossible to be in the company of if it was 95 degrees out with no air conditioning. I would be a miserable Bitch! Why does he do that? Does he think he'll use more gas with the A/C on? Refuse to go out with him then. That's crazy.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• The word "allow" is not present in our relationship. If it's present in yours, it's not a relationship.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• ALLOW?

The driver controls the can in our household.

However if I would like the fan higher or the AC on or the radio on and he is driving I ask
    Unless there is a darn good reason ( he is listening to the traffic report and doesn't want to change it to music right then, or he is cold and would rather not) he has no trouble doing what I ask.
    However when our budget was very tight we drove without the air most of the time for economy sake.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• allow?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Of course. At one time he only wanted the windows down, but this caused my allergies to act up too much, so eventually he learned to leave the windows up and put on the AC.

Answer by Bmat at 5:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• i'd rather have the windows down dh likes the air. but allow? ha! if I wanted the air on, he'd turn it on
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Here is the conversation today:

Me: omg, I'm drenched in sweat. Will you turn the AC on?
    Him: noooo, it's not necessary. It feels awesome with the window down.
    Me: maybe for you, but not for me and the kids.
    Him: wtf is wrong with you. You need help. Suck it up. You'd be dead if you lived back in th old days.
    Me: thus isn't the old days. We have AC. Why suffer
    Him: something very wrong with you.

Needless to say I gave up. No point. On arguing if there s not chance of him compromising.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2013