Should i let my 5 month old go over to her fathers house

me and my childs father was friends for 10 years we started messing around i got pregnant and he stopped talking to me he wasnt there for any of the pregnancy barely made it for the birth he couldnt wait that long to stay around while i was in labor. not to mention he got married when i was 6 months pregnant to a drug addict. after two months i allowed my daughter to go over there twice a week while i worked that went on for 3 weeks then he was only avavable to get her once a week. now for the past three week he hasnt got her all he hasnt called or even tried to come see her. i want my daughter to know her father but she dont need no part time dad would i be a bad person for not allowing her to go over to his house

onelife1212

Asked by onelife1212 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I personally wouldn't unless I had to because the court had ordered visitation.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• If a man wants to be with his child he will be with his child.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• You've done more than enough for this guy as it is! Let him come to you now, if he wants to see his daughter let him get in touch, but it sounds like you'd both be better off without him!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Nope, not while there's a drug addict aroun. Forget about it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Sounds like you were never married to him? And their is no court ordered visitation or CS? I wouldn't, I would only let visitation at my house. Tell her brought me to court. You legally do not have to.

Answer by louise2 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I would have never allowed my child over there if a drug addict lived there
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• What does your custody order say?
    If he wants visitation, he can pay for it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I would say if he hasn't tried, don't worry about. I wouldn't want any drug addict around my child.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2013