Rumors of a 2nd stimulus package (or is it 3rd?)

can anyone shed some light on this?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 8:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• bingsmommy:

taaaaaaax breaaaaaaaaks........
    or do you think that tax breaks is just for all those horrible fat cats that "don't care"? yes, i'm being sarcastic, but some folks do sincerely believe that tax breaks only benefit the wealthy, and think that it is too greedy.
    i think tax breaks are a great idea, because the ones who receive them will spend more money, creating more demand for more products, which in turn creates a need for more employees to create and sell said products, which gives the employees money to spend, creating more demand, therefore stimulating a cash flow throughout the economy. so it may be greed, but it is a good kind of greed that creates a self-sufficient economy.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/us/politics/18web-stim.html?hp

Forgot to add this link...am I reading this correctly?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Isn't that called TARP 2?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No, there are no plans for one, but they aren't saying they absolutely won't in case they change their minds later. That said, they still have TARP2, the regular appropriations and budget bills, plus whatever else they dream up to spend a few trillion more dollars on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The government is going to be the next business that goes under.

Crap, what are we all gonna do when they start bouncing checks to the military?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sell Pelosi's plane?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know alot of people are upset, but it'll be fixed either with Obama or another president. Obama did warn us that this stimulus plan is not perfect, but it's the beginning. Also, there's going to be more plans. So pass the word around to your families to just relax, There may be amendments to this stimulus plan.
    Also, Bill Clinton stated that only about 1/3 of it is actually a bill to the taxpayers.

P.S. I'm always seeing people being pissed about the stimulus plan; but they do not suggest a better plan?
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I did hear something about it on Fox News....I think the govt. is bracing before the crash because they don't know if the "stimulus" is going to work (I personally believe that it will blow up shortly after it takes off) but they seem to think that when spending doesn't work, more spending will help. Instead of trusting American citizens to know how to help stimulate the economy, Barney Frank and his pals believe that corporate and governmental leaders know better ways to spend. personally I feel insulted as a constituent of these buffoons! I think if this first stimulus doesn't work, the next thing the Legislature should do is try something different than spending....how about tax breaks...(I know how far fetched that sounds) let the economy stimulate itself.....enough interfering with the natural fluctuations of free (" free" being the key word) market.
    blu_gem2005

Answer by blu_gem2005 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The tax breaks will only be for filing taxs next year, i guess. I don't see how this can help now. Only if some jobs are created and i think they will hang on to their money or give theirselfs a raise somehow. How can you trust anyone any more? Our jobs around here are done gone! I don't see them coming back! The houses are all empty and the Chinese are coming to buy them. I guess there will be the china resturants to work at!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• P.S. I'm always seeing people being pissed about the stimulus plan; but they do not suggest a better plan?

Then read more, because there are suggestions everywhere
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2009