Ugh, that time of the month adult content

I've always had cramps. When I started in the 5 th grade, I was in bed for at least one day, could keep food down, of take pain pills - I'd throw them right back up. Anyhow, 5 th grader put on birth control pills to help.
After having my first child, my periods were okay. After second child, still okay. After third, I had a few problems starting around his first birthday. Even though my tubes were tired - I was put back in birth control. I took them for years. Than quit and have been doing okay.

Until this past cycle, I gained 7 pounds and for two days felt awful. Last Friday, I'd taken ibuprofen at work but that evening. I actually took a narcotic pain reliever left over from dental surgery, several years ago.
It's Wednesday and I'm done. My periods have always been heavy but only lasting a few days.

So, to my question - what can I do or ask my doctor about - I really, don't want to take north control all 28 days just for one or two days of issues.

The weight gain, cramps and blood clots.
My eating healthy goes out the window the few days before / the disgusting blood clots, even through the tampons and of course the day before cramps from hell.
I also, have two pins in each hip - would that or could that affect the cramps? Pain wise? Course it dies seem to settle in that area ( got those in the 5th and 6th grades) sonice never had my period without them)

Is 7 pounds a lot to drop in a day and a half? I'm sure it took my two days to gain it.
I'm 38 yrs old, probably about 10 pounds over weight to start with - otherwise healthy. I do not take any other medication. I try to take a few vitamins when my tummy allows me - its a guessing game taking them. Some days I take them just fine & other days I throw them up. Eat the sand things for breakfast everyday at the sand time. I don't know - but I usually forget to take them. But it's the sand if I remember in the dvdnkngs to take them after dinner.

Any help - info would be helpful, please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Health

• You need a more thorough exam. My BFF had these symptoms and had terrible fibroids,and just had a hysterectomy last month because of them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• You're done having kids. Ask your doc for an endometrial ablation!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I second PGA! Having my ablation was one of the best things I've done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2013