Your pets know youre pregnant

We got Rocky has a tiny 6 wk old kitten I was 7 months pregnant with d #2. He loved sleeping on my belly I could walk around the house with him curled up on it. 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with baby #3 (now 37 wks 3days) he was fallowing me around the house and every time I sat down he would get as close as he could rest his head on my belly.

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Pets

• He starts purring and the baby moves around . I think they both enjoy each other already
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• My friends cat did the same thing. She rarely came out of hiding but about a week before my friend found out she was pregnant all of a sudden the cat wanted to cuddle with her. Crazy!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• What an adorable picture!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I have several pictures of my ferret sleeping on my belly when I was pregnant with my oldest. Any time I would sit down, he would be glued to my belly, even when I was so big that Jacob would roll my belly up on one side and my poor ferret would slide off, LOL. He was a sweet heart.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Pets are precious!
    ForestFairy09

Answer by ForestFairy09 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Ah, I found one.  This was when I was first brand new pregnant.  It's not a great picture, but he was planted there from before I was even showing until the day I delivered.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• My dog freaked out when I was pregnant. I don't know if it was just the pregnancy or that combined with the move to a new condo and then my boyfriend joining the household, but she started having all kinds of digestive and bowel issues, as wel as asthmatic symptoms, that were eventually chalked up to stress-induced allergies.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Aww.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• My husbands dog followed him everywhere and never left his side until I got pregnant the first time. He was then glued to me and when I had the baby he was glued to whoever had the baby. When I got pregnant the second time he didn't know what to do if I didn't have the toddler. You could see he was torn between me (pregnant) and the already born baby. Sadly he passed before baby #2 was born. I think some can sense it for sure.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• When I was pregnant the first time, I only had my collie. She was very sensitive to my child's movements. She normally sat on the couch with me and laid her head on my lap but now she laid across my belly. She would lick where the baby was resting. She actually knew that I was in labor before I did. I had her at the vet and she was acting weird and I thought she was just nervous. I was having some cramping but I wasn't paying attention. My water broke while we were in the exam room. I was so shocked, I couldn't say anything. The vet was turned away from me so she nipped him on the hand to get his attention. Considering that the vet had two kids and a grandson, he was pretty freaked out. It might have been funny if I had not been in labor. Now I am 10wks pregnant and I think she knew before I did. She has started laying across my belly again. The other dogs aren't aren't as sensitive as she is so I don't think they have noticed
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2013