does the gender look different at 17 and 20 weeks?

Okay so i had my 3d ultrasound today at 17weeks and the tech says would you like to know what you are having and we say yes we are hoping for a girl. well she keeps looking and telling me that the babies legs are crossed so shes gunna wait a few minutes and see if the baby moves so we look at some 3d images well she goes back and as far as me my husband and my mom can tell the baby still hasnt moved and then she says well congradulations and just looks at me and pauses so i just guess (because i cant see anything) IS IT A GIRL and she says so rudley no its a BOY. and im okay can you show me what we are looking at (and keep in mind i already have 2 sons and so i know what a penis looks like on the u/s) i dont see anything so she puts up to arrows pointing at 2 dots and that it and they she just stops doesnt show me to confirm this in 3d which is the whole reason we went and paid the money.My past two were done at 20weeks!

ashleejo

Asked by ashleejo at 8:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you can just see the genitals a little clearer at 20 weeks...not sure though, i never had a 3d u/s, just the regular one at 20 weeks.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• well see thats the think i wanted to see it in 3d and she didnt show it in 3d only 2d and im not like in denial i just want to know.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 8:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• do you have a picture?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• the hormones that change the genitalia only start to kick in at 17 weeks, the genitals won't be visible as male or female until 20 weeks
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• not that i can put up yet i dont have a scanner. but the way it is is knee knee (together) butt cheek butt cheek then one dot two dot . and that now what my sons looked like at 20 weeks im you could tell yes they were boys.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 8:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The genitalia doesn't CHANGE, it just becomes clearer as the baby grows. I've never seen an ultrasound of a boy...I have 2 girls.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• at 15 weeks i could tell my son was a boy even though i didnt want to believe it :p (i had an us at 15 weeks and one at 19 weeks and i pretended he could have been a girl until my 3d at 26 weeks :p)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My ultrasound was at 17 wks 3 days. And you could clearly tell he is a boy.
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009