Tattoo ideas for moms?

I am looking for tattoo ideas for moms, something I can put for my kids. I was going to do their newborn footprint but that is just so damn common I decided not to do it. Now I have to come up with a new idea and I am at a complete lost. I thought about their birth month flower but my DDs birth month flower is ugly IMO. Help me mama's! Do you have tattoos that represent your kids? If so what are they? OR If you were to get a tattoo to represent your children what would it be?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I want this on my arm, like a 1/4 sleeve. But take out the lines and add 2 more birds, make the birds kind of small. When my son had surgery the song playing on the hospital speakers was Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. It's kind of our little song now b/c I held and rocked him waiting on the nurses to take him back.

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Hmmm... let me think. Initials in their birthstone colors. Astrological sign. Chinese zodiac animals. Something you like, for example, a fairy with wings the color of their birthstones. A flower you like with their names on the petals. I need to think some more.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I've got 2 tats, one for each of my kids. The first one just says "Light," because that was my DS's first word. The 2nd is a little cupcake/flower for my DD because she's known as Little Cupcake.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• i've decided that their tat will be in white ink
    their names and birthdates as the tree of life
    you know, "we live on through our children"
    something simple like this

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I'd like something like this for my dd but idk about placement

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I got my daughter's newborn footprint. If I ever get another tat, I want to do butterflies. Four in one color for the babies I lost, one in a different color for the baby I was going to adopt but couldn't, and one big one for my daughter. She loves butterflies. I've held off in case I have another baby, but I guess I could always add to it. I'd have to get someone to design it for me, maybe butterflies around a flower or something.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I'm not sure, but i'm bumping and following this, because I' want to get a tatoo in the future. But, I want it be tasteful and something I will want forever.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• So Last night on the Best Ink Finale the contestants tattooed famous people, one was AJ from the Back Street Boys and he wanted his daughters hand print, but the tat artist told him it was too over done and not original so she took a picture of the baby holding AJ fingers and then tattooed that on his chest, so that is a cute idea!
    I know a guy who waited until his kids were older to get his tat of them, he had pom poms for his cheerleading daughter, a basketball for his son and soccer cleats for the other son and they were all intertwined.
    I have a libra symbol because my son is a libra and I hate it and ill get it covered later
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:16 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Hmmm...blonde?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:08 AM on Jun. 6, 2013