Is there a difference between regretting when you had kids and who you had them with and just plain old regretting having kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• yes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yes, i use to regret the time i had my kids, i use to wish i was more in my 30's when i had them instead of my 20's, i had my first at 19yrs old, but now im glad i had them younger because when i get older i can enjoy just me and hubby.
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes because obviously different stages of life render your children more/different opportunites.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 8:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i regret my youngest child so i gave up custody to my ex (his father). i had the child for him in the first place. i can barely take care of my older child alone so why would i bring another child into this life. he really wanted the baby so i had the baby for him. we are divorcing because he's very disrespectful and violent towards me. from the time we found out i was expecting i told him it was his baby.
    Anonymous

• I'd say there is a huge difference between the two.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes. I regret that the man who fathered my children is the man who is their dad.... But have never for a second or even a nano-second regretted either of my children.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Just love your kids the same. They don't need to know hw you feel about them!!!! I love my kids... because they are a part of me. if you don't feel that ....it is an issue you should resolve before you ave any more kids. don't mean to be harsh but.... seriously... I love my step kids equally.... and they aren't mine!!! Some people are meant to be parents.... others arent!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I HONESTLY WHEN PREGGO WITH MY 2ND CHILD DIDNT WANT HER....BECAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT WITH A CO-WORKER THAT I DIDNT EVEN LIKE I WAS ANGRY AND HATED THE FACT THAT I WAS PREGGO!! I EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TO FIND A FAMILY TO POSSIBLY ADOPT HER WHEN BORN ( DIDNT PROMISE IT I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO SOME ONE SHE JUST KNEW HOW UPSET I WAS WITH BEING PREGGO) 3 MONTHS AFTER SHE WAS BORN I STILL REGRETTED HER...THEN ONE DAY IT JUST CLICKED AND ILL TELL YOU SHE IS THE GREATEST MOST BEAUTIFULL LIL GIRL THAT I LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART IT TOOK ME THAT LONG TO REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGRETING THE FATHER AND "THINKING" I REGRETTED HER!!! I AM GLAD I GOT OVER IT BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND. BTW SHE WILL BE 4 SOON AND IS THE GREATEST EVER WELL HER AND HER BROTHERS LOL/////STILL REGRET THE DAD LOL EVEN THO HE IS REALLY GOOD WITH HER WHEN HE TAKES HER ON HIS WEEKEND LOL
    mom-quit

Answer by mom-quit at 12:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009