Please help!!! My bf was just arrested, how do I cope? Is anyone else in a relationship with a spouse or bf in jail?

Let me just say Im so mad that he did this to us. But I love him and he loves me. He was currently out of work bc the construction company he worked for went out of business. He was on probation for a dui and causing property damage. The probation was for 3 yrs.

The crime he just got arrested for was retail theft of merchandise worth 2500. I have no clue what he was thinking. I finally got to speak to him. We both cryed and he doesnt know what overtook him. He did it bc he needed money to pay for his original dui fines. A letter came in the mail that 1200 was due in august or he would go to jail. Since he has been out of work he was unable to make payments on it. Im so stressed and sad. We both are going to make our relationship work. He is my love, my best friend and I need to stand by him. I know why he did it but stealing is not ok. He is a good man to me and would give the shirt off his back to anyone. Im lost, im sad, I cant eat, I cant think of anything but him.

Ok ladies, who Is also in a relationship with a man in jail and how do you make it work? Imgoing to wait for him and be faithful. I cant leave my soulmate.....I know he isgoing to be injail a long time bc his probation was for 3 years and that has to be served automatically...who knows what this crimes time will be. Someone please help me.....our world fell apartt by his bad choice, but regardless I love him. He apologized and says he doesn't know what he was thinking. I know he cant cope bc he is on suicide watch....im so worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Wow, you've got a hard road ahead. Do you have support from family and friends?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• My family is supportive and his family is also. I am in shock and very depressed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Yeah that's a no go for me. Goodluck with your relationship though.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:52 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I have a coworker whose bf was sentenced to 9 years. Yes you need support from family and friends because you are on your own while they are in jail, after jail life is very hard. It's hard to find employment, he will be a convicted felon. You can support him emotionally, but focus on how to take care of yourself and your children.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I hate shoplifters and thieves!
    You work your ass off and try to make things right for yourself and these SOBS think they have the right to steal from you to pay their bills!
    I have no sympathy for him nor you! Standing by a man who would do this to his family is bullshit! You deserve better and to think he's all that, shows your immaturity as well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I feel so hopeless. I know he musy pay for his actions, but we are all paying for it. I feel as if im in an emotional prison. I cant talk to him when i want, I cant see him, nothing.....every room in our home reminds me of him and I start bawling....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• He's a fucking loser! Get over it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• He has never done anything like this before

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• That you're aware of!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Im sorry the people that post anonymous are perfect. I was just looking for support from others that have to deal with thier significant others mistakes
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2013