POLL - Is it okay, or wrong, for old friends to date your EX?

I heard this may be happening and I am so pissed inside just for the moral part of it, it sickens me that this person looked for him on FB, am I wrong?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• If you're over him who the hell cares. How is it slutty dating a SINGLE male just because you dated him once?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• It depends on the situation. My best friend & I have a pact that we will never date the men that we have LOVED.. ever. I have had an ex who I loved & my boyfriend now I love.. She has an ex she has loved. We made a pact that no matter how far in the future it is, we will NEVER date those men. Even though you & your ex are not together anymore, your friend should understand that it would be awkward and IMO, wrong for her to do that to you.

So, to answer your question, I think it is wrong to do that to a friend if the ex was one they had truly loved.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:01 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Depends on the situation. All my boyfriends from before my husband were only a month long so I could care less go for it. They aren't bad guys so t's not like I would be saying you deserve what you get type of attitude. But I have been with my husband for 12 years if we were to break up and a friend wanted to date him then I would have a problem. The month long ones weren't real relationships, but my husband is a real relationship.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Never really had that happen to me and I am not entirely sure how I would handle that situation. I think that if I still had feelings for my ex and was wanting to get back with them and my friend knew this but still pursued said ex, yes I would be upset over it. If I really had no feelings other than disgust for my ex I would wonder why my friend would want the person after knowing what my past was with them. I think I might feel more pity than anger at the friend.
    What upset me was when I told a friend that I was interested in someone and then she turned around and asked this person out knowing about my feelings. Her excuse was "You were to shy to make a move so I did." I shrugged if off and moved on but I no longer speak to either of them now. Of course I have a habit of letting people walk all over me anyway lol.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 1:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Depends on how close I was to the ex and the friend. If it was like an old friend from HS and an old boyfriend from HS I wouldn't care. If it was like an ex husband and a close friend then I'd probably be upset. I don't know, if they were both good people and really liked each other or loved each other then who am I to stand in the way of that? It's hard for me to imagine a scenario like that because I don't have any close friends, and looking back I don't really have any ex's that I really cared about or loved.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Are you still friends with them (the friend), how close are you? Was it a recent breakup? All those factor into whether or not it would bother me. If we were more acquaintance than friend, if it was a long time ago, if they don't live around, none of that would cause me to be upset. Now if my BFF starts dating my ex the week after we break up, I'm gonna beat the hell out of her then wish her the best with my sloppy seconds.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:06 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Not enough info. Bottom line is he is free and she is free. It is not about you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Yuck, no I don't think so ask your friend how do i taste. LOL.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Ok, so this was a long time ago and you aren't even friends with this girl anymore? So how the hell does this affect you? How is that wrong for her to date a single man that she knew before? That tells me you have issues if you are this upset about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• If you've truly moved on it shouldn't matter.
    She can have your leftovers. Second hand goods.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2013