Cloth Diapers?

Okay ladies i am wanting to use cloth diapers for this baby. I am due in about 3 weeks i have been interested in cloth diapers for a while but never took the time to research until now. I am still very confused as to what kind i should get? what do i use to wash them? and how many do i need? and most importantly where should i get them from? I have seen some on amazon and this is where my bosses wife orders them from and she gets a lot of them for a very cheap price. I will be using the cloth diapers at home and then using regular disposables when we are out.

Any tips on the above questions.

I want to start cloth diapers as soon as we get home from the hospital so he will obviously be a newborn.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 2:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• i didn't have a computer or internet until four years ago and by that time all my kids were out of diapers.
    i used to get my cloth diapers at walmart. and i used to rinse them in the toilet and wash them in dreft. (at the time it was the only one on the market) but you can wash them in any baby soap. there's like three of them out there now.
    i would suggest buying about six of the 12 packs. that's what i did
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• What kind of cloth diaper did you use? i am interested in the ones with the snaps on the outside and you just place the cloth on it and bam your done i dont know if i just made sense lol
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• If your boss get them on the cheap, I would ask fr her help and use her source.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• BTW it would be nice if you came back and shared where to get them at a good price. There are probably lots of moms that are having babies would be interested in the info.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Yeah i am asking him right now he says that i am looking at the ones that they have bought he said i should start out cheap and work my way up if i want to.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Of course:) i was also planning on putting the information i found on my blog because i have one:)
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• sorry, i forgot about the type. i used the ones you have to use safety pins in. walmart only carried one brand when i was doing it. but when my third child came along i was given a bunch of ones that had the velcro but i don't know where they got them from. sorry :(
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Oh okay i know what the velcro ones look like:)
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I love cloth diapering. My favorites are Kawaii pockets (can be found here: http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/)  Personally, I prefer pockets like the Kawaii's, Sun Babys http://sunbabydiapers.com/, Bum Genius, etc.  This is a great site http://www.diaperjunction.com/cloth-diapers.html

ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Oh - and in the beginning I preferred velcro closures, but as they get older, they can rip those things off way too easily, so I ended up preferring snaps.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:53 PM on Jun. 6, 2013