• In the Spotlight:

Pregnant & depressed?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant. It was a surprise and quite honestly I don't want it. I won't abort or give it up for adoption because I'm married with one kid. I feel like the worst person in the world because I know there are people out there that cant have children... But I cry my eyes out all the time and am depressed over it. On top of all of this we move from Missouri to Texas a month after I'm due (thanks to the Army). And to make matters way worse I have no desire to move. I don't want to live in the desert and I don't want to move! I am stressed out and upset. I lose my patience way too easily with my 2 yr old because of all of this.
My question is, could this be pregnancy depression (I believe it's called prenatal depression) or am I just stressed and upset. Has anyone experienced prenatal depression? I'm going to talk to my Dr. at my next appointment but that's not for a month so I feel totally lost! What are your thoughts?

And please don't be rude. I already beat myself up enough for not wanting this baby.... I realize that it's not normal and some people would do anything for a kid... I already feel like the shittiest human alive, so please don't be a b!t** about it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's great that you're talking to your doctor about it. Sounds like everything came all at once and it's just overwhelming, Try joining some support groups on here. Have you talked to hubs about your feelings?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Hopefully your doctor can refer you to someone for counseling. Take care of yourself until than.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• it's actually everything that's happening to you the cause of it. and because your pregnant all your senses and feelings are ten times worse than normal.
    can you call your dr and explain things to him and see if he can't get you in sooner?
    if he can't do you have a family member or really good friend you can call or talk to whenever you're feeling like this?

i used to write down my feelings when ever i felt too bad. maybe a friend or family member could take off with your daughter for awhile or over night so you can have some time to relax? you can add me and we can text eachother. right now we don't have a phone because of sprint
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I finally told him how I felt last night. He said he's gonna try really hard to go somewhere else besides TX... and the baby, there's not much he really could say/do so he felt lost with that one. I have my best friend.. and my mom, but she's got a million things on her plate and I don't want to add to it. And my best friend isn't married nor does she have kids, so she doesn't really know how to help, but she does listen to me. hopefully some counseling will help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• You may not have an appointment for a month but this is one of those occasions that you pick up the phone and you say to the receptionist that you want to talk to the nurse and you tell her what is going on and you think you need to come in asap to see the Dr.
    It could be prenatal depression, it could be an upset in you balance. It is not something o play around with.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:57 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• That's part of the problem.. It's an army hospital so I call a hotline to make appointments, I don't know how to get ahold of the actual clinic
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I would say a bit of both. Please do not think or say negative things to yourself , Try not to be mean to yourself, and spend time not doing things that wear you out. If you are stuck then try to engage in wishful thinking or just dream. I try to focused on other thing. As mothers we try and do too much at times. hugs
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• call that hotline and explain you need to talk to the on call nurse. They will either give you a number or send you to her VM
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• It's probably more that you are stressed about moving when you don't want to, add the fact that you will have a newborn to the mix and I don't think a lot of people would blame you for being depressed. A talk with your Dr. would be the best thing to do as mentioned above. Don't feel bad for not feeling attached to this pregnancy. Some people hate pregnancy and that it was a surprise on top of all of that I think I wouldn't be too excited either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• If you truly can't get help from the military hospital, call your county and ask about low-cost counseling resources. This is nothing to mess with. Also, please know that you may not always feel this way. Right now you got slammed with a lot of changes in your life. You'll get through them. I know a woman who felt the way you do about her pregnancy a few years ago, and now her son is the apple of her eye. It may not be the baby you don't want, it may be just the stress and change and unexpectedness of it all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2013