Have you ever made chicken alfredo with dark meat chicken?

i babysat for a friend of mine today so she could take her oldest daughter on a field trip. they're back now but she wants to work til 6 and then come over after and hang out for a while (the original plan was for her to pick her up at 3) and since her daughter is sound asleep anyway and its just a few more hours i said yes. i also told her i wouldnt have enough food for everyone but im trying to think of other options. i took out chicken legs and was thinking if i boil them and pull the meat off i could get away with making a big pot of something that'll feed us all. im out of yellow rice unfortunately. i do have alfredo sauce, noodles & plenty of salad. what do you think??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• why not?

or even make the alfredo and chicken separate?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:13 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I don't see why not. I like dark meat better anyway.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I never have, but using dark meat sounds fine to me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I am a cook and you can use any chicken you prefer. As someone mentioned, they like dark meat better. It is true that the dark meat has better flavor and will only add to your meal. The dark meat won't dry out as much as the white meat either. Hope all turns out well and enjoy!
    lucygirl0269

Answer by lucygirl0269 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• bummer :( i wont have enough noodles for us all.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I never have, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2013