How do you make time for study?

I want to get my CDL (commercial driver license) but the booklet is 1 inch thick and I have to learn all that by the time I am ready to take my test? Some parts are too mechanically questions. I feel like I might not be able to do it there is so much to learn.

Give me some good response, thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Discipline anon, discipline. Actually, the best is to break it up into 15 to 20 minute increments a few times a day. If you have a question on the mechanical part - look for something on YouTube. Crazy, I know, but that is what I do when I have to take upper level math classes. I watch the YouTube video over and over until I get the concept.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Taches... that youtube thing is brilliant! Best advice I have seen all day.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:17 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Can you break the booklet down into smaller parts? Set up a calendar of what you need to learn and when. I did this when I went to college the second time--made a wee by week calendar every semester of what I had to get done so I wouldn't be rushed or overwhelmed. My friends thought I was a nut job, but I was never scrambling like they were at the end of the term.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• What worked best for you in high school - repetition, writing it down, seeing something visual? Everyone learns differently. Make yourself flashcards to study with, or re-write the major points of the book in note form, just like you would a lecture. Also check youtube/vimeo/dailymotion/etc for actual CDL classes and test prep videos, they'll be out there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I think I would break it down in chapters. ANd like school it's one chapter a week. So if it's 12 weeks. And depending how much time you have before test. You should take on average 2 hours a day to learn the material. Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2013