What age?

My daughter is in 8th grade and i havent let her start shaving yet, she has hair on her legs but i don't know. She's growing up so fast! I know lots of her friends shave. What age did you start shaving? To be honest i don't even know what age i started. Should i let her start now? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes you should let her. I started in 6th grade, my dd started in 6th grade. All of my dd's 6th grade friends shave as well.

Answer by missanc at 4:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• uhh YEAH. Are you trying to set her up to be teased? I started shaving once I started to grow hair.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• My DD has been shaving since she was 11. She is 13 and about to finish 8th grade.

About 2 weeks after she started shaving her legs she had a nasty fall on a volcanic rock field where we were hiking. Her legs were pretty badly cut. I cannot imagine how bad it would have been in the volcanic rock had gotten caught in her leg hair; it was bad enough with her smooth-ish legs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I can't remember. I think if she is uncomfortable with herself, she should be allowed to shave.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:48 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• You let her start when it looks ugly and/or it bothers her. I had a lot of hair on my body and it was dark, which made be really self-conscious about it. If there isn't much and it's light, it might not be as much of a problem. Sometimes, girls just want to be like their friends. If there is no real necessity, and if you want to teach her that she doesn't do things just to be like everybody else, then I would let her wait a while. This is a call that requires wisdom, and you are the only one who can make it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:56 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• She's going to have to change for gym class. Let her shave. Her pubes will be hanging out of her bathing suit soon!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2013