What did we ever do before cell phones?

My boyfriend went out of state last night; he'll be back Sunday. He lost his cell phone at the airport. The phone is an antique piece of crap, but of course it had all of his contacts in it. Plus, I was bummed because I couldn't call him. He can talk to me for free, but I don't have long distance on the land line phone because of cost, and I couldn't even find his sister's number. Well, someone turne in the cell phone, so he has it back now and I feel a gazillion times better. We won't talk all that much, but at leastwe can if we need to. It makes a world of difference.

I was just thinkin how much things have changed in the last thirty years!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Technology

• We talked to strangers in public. Called friends from the land line and got together to discuss what has been going on in life. We WATCHED where we were walking!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:36 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I don't know but my DD went on a field trip today. She sat next to her friend on the bus for at least 3 hours and during the entire baseball game they went to see. Since she has been home she has Face Timed this same friend at least twice.

Remeber when we would talk to our friends on the phone and we only had as much privacy as the length of the phone cord.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I still live in the dark ages with only a land line! lol.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:54 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I still live in the dark ages with only a land line! lol

Me too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:09 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• We talked on phones that were attached to the wall and had a 20 ft. curly cord that had to be untangled after about 10 uses. Or we would get a dime or a quarter and put it in a slot on a phone attached the the outer wall of a convenience store or in a booth in order to call someone. Or we just decided what was important for people to know and told them when we saw them and saved all important information for the next time we spoke either in person or on one of those antique phone things I was mentioning earlier.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:44 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• We called when we got there to let family know we arrived safely. We sent postcards while away, than we called again from a landline or phone call to inform anyone we were leaving again to travel back. When we arrived back we talked for hours about our trip.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• we had all the important poeple's phone numbers memorized -or written down where we could easily find them!
    and everyone had land lines
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Well before cell phones. We use to write letters. Wait to talk on the phone tell we got home. And talk to each other face to face. I remember before all this technology

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Had a peaceful life! I would run over mine in a minute if my Hubby wasn't away a month at a time with his job... I'm thankful for it, but I hate feeling so connected to an inanimate object....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:07 PM on Jun. 6, 2013