I bought a baby monitor from babies r us and brand new batteries from a different store

Well the monitor was really staticy, and then it made a loud noise and one of the batteries inside burst open

So the inside is covered in battery acid. Batteries didn't expire til 2023, they were new. The monitor was new- I don't know which product made it mal function.

Do you think babies r us would take the monitor back? I bought it last night. I don't know if that's a manufacturer thing or a store thing.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Shopping

• Take it in for a refund or exchange. If you don't have the receipt you may be asked to accept store credit. Hubby says " Of course she can bring it back." He works for the company.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:29 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Staci don't worry babies r us has an awesome return policy, especially if you have your receipt. I wouldn't even bother mentioning where or when you bought the batteries. They probably won't care anyway, they'll just take it back. I'm glad no one was hurt! Don't get that crud on you!!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Did the product come with a manufacturer warranty? I'd check for that first.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I agree with Tess. Take the monitor and your receipt back, show it to the customer service person, and don't volunteer too much info. It was probably the monitor that made the malfunction happen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:20 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Thank you hubby! I am worried about over explaining myself and driving out there for nothing.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Sure they will accept it back. But did it call for rechargeable batteries? Did you put in regular alkaline batteries & then plug it in? If so then that's why they blew up. What kind/brand of monitor? Usually if it's a rechargeable monitor that you plug in to charge the batteries, it comes with rechargeable batteries already. Maybe someone bought it before, took out the rechargeable batteries (since they are pricey) & returned it then you bought it missing batteries. Look on the box. Does it say comes with batteries??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:59 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• No Paulie and I have never heard of that! Let me check the website. It is the cheapest monitor they have and safety first. There is nothing about rechargeable batteries.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• They exchanged it for me.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2013