That's my girl!

Sometimes I feel like I must not be speaking English. I'll remind my daughter to do something a hundred times, and she won't get it. But just now, a friend of mine went to pick her up from day camp. We had arranged an impromptu play date for her to stay there and hang out with my friend's granddaughter. She absolutely refused to be taken to my friend's house till my friend called me on her cell phone and put my daughter on so she could let me know where she wanted to go and ask if it was okay. She gave my friend a very firm little lecture about how we had a rule that she couldn't go anywhere unless she checked in with me first so she could be safe. Score!

Don't you love those moments when your kids actually let you know they've been listening?

Asked by Ballad at 7:12 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Be sure to give her a big hug and maybe a treat, and tell her good job!

Answer by musicmaker at 7:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Fist bump! Nice work momma!

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Totally awesome! Congrats mama!

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• That's cute :) lol. Good job!

Answer by Hollyhock. at 7:41 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• high five

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Yay kiddo!!

Answer by staciandababy at 7:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I do indeed. We had a safe word and they could not go unless it was said to them that mom/ dad said to tell you....
    Each had their own word and it changed if it was ever used or said to someone else.

Your DD is amazing. and Kudos to you

Answer by Dardenella at 9:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• I'm suprised the camp let her go with your friend...

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• That's great!

Answer by morebee7 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I had filled out a form and signed it, stating that she could pick my daughter up, and I had told the camp staff yesterday and reminded them this morning that she would be the one bringing my daughter home.

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jun. 6, 2013