How long do you bleed after an early miscarriage? adult content

I just found out yesterday that I miscarried last week. I only would have been 4/5 weeks along. I thought I had my "period" (which usually lasts 6/7 days) but I've been spotting/bleeding for the last 10. So basically a total of 17 days of bleeding/spotting. I will prob call my gyn tomorrow, I need to set up an annual appt anyway. My main concern is that the spotting isn't getting lighter or older, but is bright red and I'm now staining pads again.

kryssie78

Asked by kryssie78 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It varies, but I'd get in and see your gynecologit as soon as you can because that's quite a long time to bleed with such an early miscarriage. I had two of my miscarriages at the end of the first trimester and didn't bleed for two weeks like that. You ought to have your doctor do a blood test to make sure your HCG levels have dropped to zero. Sorry for your loss.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:28 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• my level was at 88 yesterday from 666 on sunday, so it's dropping pretty fast.
    and thank you, it's been a rollercoaster of a week to say the least.
    kryssie78

Comment by kryssie78 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• by the second week of bright red bleeding i contacted my OB
    thats how I found out i had miscarried
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:51 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• When you call the GYN, tomorrow, tell them what is going on and that you need to get right in. Do not let them blow you off and make you wait. If the try ask for the nurse practioner to call you. My Dr. has where I can email right into the office and they get back pretty quickly. Before they had the service I almost had to go into the office to get the receptionist to listen.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Hugs, I am so very sorry for your loss. When I had a miscarriage I bled for about 3 wks. I was under doctor care during that time and it was being monitored.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I am with what MizLee said...It was that way for me. You will continue to have light spotting or bleeding until you reach a zero level. I am sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I'm sorry for your loss. I would also call the doctor like the previous moms mentioned. When I had my miscarriage I bled like a regular period and that's it, so I would definitely be concerned in your situation.
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 1:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• I've been bleeding now for a total of 23 days, but today I am finally back to a faint spotting. Yay! I feel like their is actually going to be an end to this. My hcg level today is down to 24.7. I figure I miscarried a week and a half ago at least. Now I'm just wondering how long until the level is back to normal. Thank you ladies for all yor help through my nightmare month
    kryssie78

Comment by kryssie78 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2013