What would you take with you?

The local news was just interviewing people who had to leave their homes in a big hurry because of a brush fire that got out of control yesterday. It was interesting to me what people threw in their cars when they only had a few minutes to get the heck out of Dodge.

So, just as a hypothetical question, what would you take with you if you could only snatch one or two things from the impending flames? Assuming your kids were already safe somewhere else, because any mom would grab her little ones first, or if not, I don't even want to hear about it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:41 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Home & Garden

• photos, laptops, meds, some clothes, purse and the envelope we keep our birth certificates and stuff in
    if there is time after that- then grab the kid's artwork off the walls and the big container with stuff they made/did as kids
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Laptop where I have all my insurance info, account #'s etc, and probably 2 or 3 old photo albums.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Clothes, food and my kids baby books.
    life619

Answer by life619 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Photos and cell phone.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My vicious watch dogs,guns and my mace.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Medicines
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My handbag (because it contains a cheque book, my banker's card, my car keys, my ID, my car papers, my cash), the med box, a coat... and the cat.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:12 AM on Jun. 7, 2013