Curious now... how many of you have home security systems?

I've never had anything before, although my mom did have ADT for the past 3.5 years. I stuck a few of her spare ADT stickers in my windows in our old apartment. I'm just wondering how common is it to have one?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have one,mine was actually more to keep my son in the home. He is special needs
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 10:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Having a security system where I live is a waste of money. The bad guy can come in, trip the alarm, rob us, take a shower, watch a movie and make some popcorn before the cops show up. Well maybe a slight exaggeration, may not have enough time to make popcorn. But I found having a gun make me feel more secure. A big German Shepard.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

•  I even have back up (of course they don't have to know my guard dogs are old & would attack them w/ big, wet, slobbery kisses! lol :p)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My boyfriend's ex wife had one but the thing was a lot of trouble because of false alarms. Maybe just locally, I don't know, but the police started not to follow up on calls unless they could ring back and verify that there was a problem, which sort of made the system pointless in some ways because you want someone there even if you can't verify that the emergency is real.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

•  Yep

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• We have one, but we typically only set it when we are going out of town or going to be gone all day. It doesn't call a service, it calls my husbands cell phone.
    I had one growing up.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Jun. 7, 2013