OMG this school went over and beyond disciplining this 5 yr old boy...I would be beating me some school admin a**'s!!

Kindergartener interrogated over cap gun until he pees his pants, then suspended 10 days.

In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in a school setting, a kindergarten boy has been suspended from school for 10 days because he showed a friend his cowboy-style cap gun on the way to school. The incident happened on Wednesday morning at about 8:30 a.m. on a school bus in Calvert County, Maryland, reports The Washington Post.  The kindergartener had brought the toy gun because his friend had brought a water gun the previous day. He later told his mother than he “really, really” wanted his friend to see it.

The suspended boy had acquired the menacing, plastic, orange-tipped weapon at Frontier Town, a western-themed campground with a water park, mini golf and the like. School officials at Dowell Elementary School in the town of Lusby proceeded to question the five-year-old for over two hours before finally calling his mother, whom The Post also does not name. 

The principal eventually called the boy’s mother at 10:50 a.m. By that time, the five-year-old had wet his pants (which the mother called highly unusual).

The principal told the boy’s mother that the boy had simulated shooting someone on the bus with the offending novelty. However, both the boy and his older sister, a first-grader, say the principal is not telling the truth.

The Post explains that the principal — Jennifer L. Young, according to Dowell Elementary’s website — told the kindergartener’s mother that things would have been even worse had the toy gun been loaded with caps. In that case, the school would have regarded the plaything as an explosive and called the police.

“I have no problem that he had a consequence to his behavior,” the mother told the Post. “What I have a problem with is the severity.”

The mother is also upset about the trauma her son experienced without her knowledge.

“Why were we not immediately contacted?” she asked

The 10-day suspension is officially for possessing a look-alike gun, notes the Post. If the suspension is not lifted, the kindergartener won’t be able to go to school the rest of the year. The suspension will also be part of his permanent academic record. 

There is more tp this story if you want to read the rest. But this was the highlights. Like the mom said, he did deserve to be punished, but NOT LIKE THAT! That goes over and beyond any law anywhere in any state. I would be beyond pissed off for damn sure!

http://news.yahoo.com/kindergartener-interrogated-over-cap-gun-until-pees-pants-123613141.html

************* 

Another story says another student has landed in a heap of trouble for having something that represents a gun, but isn’t actually anything like a real gun.

The perpetrator was a six-year-old boy. The menacing weapon in question was a plastic Lego gun roughly the size of a quarter. Looked like this..

Apparently another student on the bus spotted the Lego piece and promptly shouted to the driver. The boy had to say sorry, and was suspended.  

And here is another...A fifth grader at a South Philadelphia elementary school made the mistake of pulling out a gun constructed out of paper in class last week that her grand father made her. She says she forgot it, and was throwing it away when a student saw this, he went and told the teacher.  A teacher searched her and scolded her in front of the whole class.  

“Why did he threaten my daughter?” Kelly asked according to the Daily Mail. “Why did he stand over my daughter and tell her that he should call the cops on her. Why did he try to scare her?”

After that, the other students were calling her a "murderer". 

What in the hell is going on out there?? The punishment for these kids who are not even carrying ra guns are getting suspended, whats gonna happen when a student actually has a real gun? The death penalty

Home schooling is looking better and better..

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I would be outraged that a two-hour questioning had gone on before I was called and could get there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• OMG. I would have their asses. That's ridiculous. How can we expect common sense from kids when we don't have authoritative adults exhibiting it?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I have seen all of those plus a 3-year old deaf boy who when he signs his name looks a little like a gun like sign is being asked to change his name, This country is out of control. Link

marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 1:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Sounds a lot like bullying, doesn't it. Or persecution?
    The severity is not warranted, IMO.I would be filing a suit against the principal for causing this kind of abuse to a child.
    am not saying that they should look the other way. In my day such things would have been confiscated and the parents called. More than likely some punishment would be agreed on and we would be punished at home as well. More than likely the parent would and thrown it in the trash right there in front of the child and teacher.
    The punishment would have been done and overwith. All that has been done with these kids is to make them terrified of school.

Please tell me what is accomplished by keeping a child out of school. In school suspension, fine but just suspended? Many kids would eventually find that a reward.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Seriously, even criminals get to have their lawyers present when they're questioned by the cops. But a five-year-old doesn't get to have his mom in the room when he's grilled for two hours by his school principal and God knows who else?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:28 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• marymargret ...OMG!! That is beyond the realm of stupidity.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• It's illegal for a cop to question a student without a parent present. So why is the school not in more trouble?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:46 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• How can we expect common sense from kids when we don't have authoritative adults exhibiting it?

Answer by Ginger0104 5 hours ago

clapping Couldn't have said it better myself!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Things like this are why I homeschool. Schools think they trump parents, and I'm sorry, but I'll be damned if I'll ever let a school principal treat the child I carried and pushed out of MY body think he can do whatever the hell he wants to my kid. No, the kid shouldn't have brought the toy gun to school, and yes, an *appropriate* punishment should have been dished out for doing so. But interrogating him without his parent present until he wet his pants is beyond ridiculous. That's abusive, in my opinion. Hell, my 12 yr old would be scared and want me there, I can only imagine a 5 yr old would still feel that way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I agree. Some punishment should be called for but they took it to an extreme and I'd be pissed if it were my kid too.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 7, 2013