Dam it! Damn it, damn it! I just broke the turntable in my microwave--can I still use the oven till I get a new one?

Or is the microwave unsafe if the food isn't going around? I dropped the stupid thing when I was washing it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:24 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Do you have a local thriftshop? Mine has TONS of those in the appliance isle. Yes you can use it without the rotating table. Most microwave instructions on packaging still say rotate halfway through cook time. Assuming the microwave you use is still stationery.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:52 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Call the 1-800 number inside the micro & ask the Manufacturer. They can send you a replacement too. I almost did that the other day. It just slipped out of my hand. That sucks! Let us know what they say.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:22 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I have before, when I had my turntable in the microwave. Just use a plate, even if it's too small, it'll still spin.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• It will still work just doesn't cook quite as even(which is what the turning is for) so you may want to rotate some items. But the food is safe either way.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I've used a regular dinner plate when mine was in the dishwasher. Works just fine.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:25 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Just use a regular plate.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:29 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Yes.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Most microwaves have a setting to stop the turntable from spinning. So, yes, you can still use the microwave, but be sure to remove the glass plate stand with the little wheels, unless you want to keep it and put a regular plate on it instead. You can order a new glass plate off Amazon and many other places online.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:13 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• It's quite a bit bigger than a plate. I might have a platter big enough, but it's pretty heavy, and the turntable is not.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2013