First Field Trip

I was going to post this earlier and forgot. My daughter had her first field trip today where she got to ride a school bus. When I woke her up in the morning, she didn't want to get out of bed. I told her she was going to the botanical garden with an aquarium, and that didn't get her moving. Then I said she'd be riding the bus, and she jumped right up as if she had rockets on her feet.

When she got home, I asked her about the trip.

"Mom, I got to ride the bus! Only it was white, not yellow!"

"Did you see the garden?"

"Yep. I sat next to my friend Megan on the bus."

"Did you see the fish, all different colors?"

"Yeah. They said no sticking our hands in the tanks. And guess what? Next week I get to ride the bus again."

"Right, to the ice cream factory. Won't that be fun?"

"Uh huh. I wonder if it'll be a yellow bus next time."

So have any of your little ones gotten such a charge out of the school bus thing? Mine thinks she's almost a grown-up now.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:05 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine absolutely loves buses. His first preschool was at the local elementary school but we lived to close to take the bus to and from school, but we put him in AWANA Club(a christian club thing) where they picked him up from school in a school bus the churched own and then I would pick him up later. He loved it, I was terrified. lol

His second preschool was a private one and they only road buses on field trips, he loved it and could probably still tell me what bus number they had to take to go different places lol.

We've moved and now live once again to close to the school(Kindergarten) for him to ride the bus..he is bummed. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• School buses and field trips don't appear to faze mine. however, when we went to visit my parents in Scotland and they got to ride on a REAL bus with TICKETS you'd have thought it was a trip to the moon! lol And the day when the bus was a bendy bus was even more exciting!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My daughter can't wait to ride the bus to school next year.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• happyAww- that's so cute.  :)  Glad she had fun.  It's amazing what joys they can find in simple things like that.  Mine is hoping to get lockers next year.  That's a big deal to a now 6th grader :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• my dd thought riding the bus for the first time was going to be awesome...she hates it now b/c she got sick and puked in a paper sack on the way back to the school
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Sounds like she had a amazing day. My 8yo gets excited to ride the bus too. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• That is really cute. I work in a daycare, and next week they are going on a field trip and they have to bring a lunch. The kids are more excited about the lunch than the trip. Too cute.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Jun. 7, 2013