Need help with baby registry

I have never used one of these and I am at a loss when it comes to what items I should be using or adding to this list. anyone who has used one of these please help!

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:06 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Typically you add baby items that you don't have. Such as receiving blankets, wraps, pacifiers, heck even diapers, strollers and car seats.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• BabiesRus.com has a guide of what you need & how many for new Mom's.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Just put on it what you want. People then can pick and choose from a variety of things. Keep in mind that babies really don't need the latest and greatest gadget. Those diaper jeanies are great but after the first week you are out of the bags and will have to buy refills that aren't cheap. Grocery sacks work just as well as do trash cans with sealing lids. Decide what you REALLY want and sign up for those first. Personnally I'd rather have 40 packs of diapers in various sizes along with diaper wipes then just about anything else. The rest you can always pick up cheap at yard sales.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:36 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• They have lists at the different stores that will tell you that you need loads and loads of baby crap that you will probably never use. I got sucked in by that the first time around. Are you just wanting to know what things we found the most useful? The bouncy seat, for sure. You will need a good car seat and stroller, tons of diapers. I loved the sleeping gowns with the elastic at the bottom. Carters is the best for those, very soft and they run a bit bigger. Cotton footed sleepers, onesies. Baby socks. Tons of diapers and wipes.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:03 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Be sure to put things in a lot of different price ranges so people can buy what they feel comfortable with. Blankets, a play mat/infant gym, baby monitor, bouncy seat, gowns are great for newborns and so easy!, stroller, car seat, crib sheets, pack n play. If you are going to bottle feed you need all the supplies for that, although I highly recommend at least trying to breast feed. Diapers and wipes!!!

Answer by missanc at 11:15 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I wouldn't recommend putting many clothes on the registry, since people will buy those on their own anyway, and newborns grow out of everything so quickly. If you have a big baby, he or she will be out of the newborn size in a few weeks. Also, don't buy a bunch of diapers of the same brand till you know how your baby will react to them. Some babies don't tolerate certain brands, and you don't want to have loads of diapers you don't use. Again, only get a few of the neworn size in case your baby is large. Bigger items like strollers, playpens, and bouncy seats can usually be found for next to nothing at yard sales and thrift stores. I found that I ended up with too many blankets, not enough baby sleepers; too many stuffed animals, too many overly frilly dresses or color-coordinated outfits that I didn't tend to use for my infant because onesies did just fine. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2013