Should i be concerned?

my 6 year old lost three teeth months ago. only one has just started to poke through. when she lost other teeth, her primaries were in within weeks. it's been MONTHS. she does have a dentist appointment coming up in July, it's the soonest they had available. im just a little concerned because she lost them before Easter and still nothing.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Kids' Health

• They are probably just taking their time breaking the surface. More than likely all is well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:42 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• okay i just went and looked through my albums on facebook to get an idea. one of them she lost back in march and the other in april. the bottom one i couldnt find any pictures where she's smiling that big but i think thats the one that is atleast starting to grow in. so can it really take 3+ months for teeth to grow in?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• One of my kids had a tooth that took forever to finally poke though! I mean, more than 6 months.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I would wait until the dental appointment and make sure to bring it up. Some kids take longer for their permanent teeth to come in after the baby teeth fall out.

Baby teeth fall out for 2 main reasons, Re-absorption of the bone making them loose enough that the permanent teeth push out the baby teeth, or weakening in the gomphosis joint causing the teeth to fall out.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• actually, now that i think back one of them was kicked out by her sister. granted, it was already loose but not loose enough to the point where it was ready to fall out any day. so that might explain the delay with that one tooth.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Could have affected the tooth beside it as well.
    I wouldn't worry but you should be prepared to pay for x-rays.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Teeth that fall out traumatically take longer to grow in. I lost my first tooth by going too fast on a tricycle down a driveway and hitting a parked car at the end that I didn't know was there. It took the better part of a year before the permanent tooth poked through.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• DS has one that still isn't all the way in and it has been 6+ months. Dentist said it was fine.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2013