Can I conceive 5 to 7 days before my period? 5 days late and I NEVER miss my period.

* A pregnancy test is out of the question, I live too far from a shop. * If conception occurred 5 to 7 days prior to my periods as I suspect, wouldn't my hcg level still be too low for a pregnancy test?

Bbliss

Asked by Bbliss at 10:53 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Take a test with first morning urine.

Or wait 9 months and see what happens.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:57 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• It's not very likely, but it all depends on when you normally ovulate.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:02 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Anytime you have unprotected sex you can become pregnant. You don't necessarily ovulate exactly in the middle of your cycle. So yes, you certainly could be pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 11:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• It's time to get a home pregnancy test.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2013

• The ONLY way to answer your question is for you to take a home pregnancy test. You can order them online. No one can tell you more than that.

YES, it's possible. More than likely you're merely late. IT happens to everyone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Possible, but not likely. You will be late/miss a cycle at some point everyone more or less does.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Now I am kind of curious to know where you live since a grocery store is very far away from you. Order the test online or call your doctor to set up appt for a blood test. Insurance should cover it.
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 1:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Hi Nicollea, we farm, so we're out in the bundu....I'm usually very prepared and keep a couple of tests on the farm, but I slipped up this time! And to order via the internet would prove to be equally as futile as all parcels are delivered to the town post office. *sigh* Silly me, my own fault, lesson learnt that's for sure!

I have tried to be pretty thorough in my quest for answers via the web. I have prepared my mind for a possible negative test result. My question would then be, how does my cycle change with regard to when I will ovulate? Would be a little ridiculous to test every single day...
    Bbliss

Comment by Bbliss (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2013

• , how does my cycle change with regard to when I will ovulate?

Typically you will have more discharge of mucus. It should look similar to egg whites and be pretty stretchy. You can get ovulation tests next time you are in town. They pick up the LH surge that comes just before ovulation. Or get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I hear it's a good book. If your cycle is still MIA I would go ahead and pick up a test just to ease your mind.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2013