Do you ever?

I'm a dreamer and thinker. I'm trying to be more of a doer. But, I was just wondering if you ever picture something some vividually in your head like it's real and then you get all sense of warmth?
Case in point. I like a guy at work. I've talked to him, and all of sudden I'm sitting at my desk later working and I'm not focused on it but all of sudden I have a quick image and the then the moment happens in my head. I feel like I set myself up way too much to expect it to be a great kiss. when it could be dissapointing.
Am i just what you call an analyzer? drives me crazy.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:58 AM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Health

• Sounds like you just smoked some pot LOL
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• nope no pot for me.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Nope, I'm a realist. I don't know which is worse.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• No, I don't generally up my expectations. I have learned over the years that this usually ends in disappointment. I prefer to go the other route and expect the worst, that way I am pleasantly surprised about the outcome.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I need to do that, i have to high of expectations on things. wouldn't that be considered to be not a postive person though?
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• ALL the time. Sometimes I day dream so deeply that I literally have to stop and shake the thoughts from my head because my heart rate starts increasing and I can literally feel myself starting to almost panic or burst with emotion lol. Not really about kissing guys at work though haha. I wouldn't say I set myself up for disappointment though. Most of the things I day dream about are pretty unrealistic and I know that. Like winning the $600 million power ball jackpot lol. I'm pretty good about knowing the difference between a dream and real life.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• No, I don't think so. I'm not all doom and gloom, but I figure if something can go wrong it will. I just try to roll with it and if it turns out great, then all the better. I'm just not going to get into a tiff if something doesn't go my way or doesn't go the way I imagined it. Realistically, things are never perfect. And that's okay. That's life. I like to see my efforts pay off, but if they don't then it's 'back to the drawing board' so to speak. I'm not a pessimist (not always ;o)) but I'm not one to always look through rose colored glasses.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Yes, QuinnMae I understand what your saying. I don't feel I look through rose colored glasses but I'm also not able to say this will go this way, it will horrible. I won't like it etc. I tend to go on the side of oh wouldn't that be great, but I don't even say anything the thought just pops in my head. lol
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I would say more along the lines of a fantasizer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I really try not to expect anything at all in a situation where the outcome is beyond my control. Not the best, not the worst. That way I only have to deal with what actually happens, not the disappointment from what I hoped would happen or the worry over something that didn't come to pass. Then again, that trait in me tends to drive others crazy sometimes, so I don't know if it's good or bad.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2013