Can you help me explain this to a 6 year old, transgender question... adult content

At the age of 64 my uncle has decided he wants to be a woman, he has no plans to leave my Aunt, and I get that he should be who he was "born" to be.
I will make a long story short, but this is my younger sons favorite relative. I need a really good way to explain this.
I want you to understand that I will not eject him from our family's life, my other Uncles have already done that, he and his wife plan on staying married and he says that he just wants to be who he was born to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd just say he feels more like a girl inside than a boy. My Son couldn't figure out what sex my sister is for years. He'd ask her "are you a boy or a girl?" I told him she is a girl & it's rude to ask that so don't. He loves her just the same.
    Anonymous