Ughhhhh- my cat has a small open non-bleeding wound?! Google is NOT cool.

I came across this

cuterebra

....... It looks a LOT like that

It's not bleeding- the hole is perfectly round. I thought it was a bb gun wound or dog bite but there's no blood :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Pets

• Soak the area in epson salt water. If the cat gets lethargic take him to the vet right away.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• A vet would know. Meanwhile, you can use antibiotic ointment on it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Could have an underlying abscess... let a vet tell you how to treat it... If there is abscess or underlying infection waiting until the cat is lethargic may be too late... can could loose the limp or worse!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Where is the injury? Does it look like the cat has been chewing and or licking that spot?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• on his back leg. He's licked it a bit. Not limping. Area is not swollen. Just a hole in his skin, it's so weird.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I'm googling free vet clinics- there's one open once a month and it's usually a 5 hour wait to get seen and not sure they would even know how to treat it- all volunteers. We don't even have money for food right now, I'll watch the cat very carefully... Ugh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My cat got a small sore on his leg and kept licking it. It turned into a worry spot and he kept on doing it. We started soaking it and within a few days it went away. It being swollen is worrisome and you should take him to the vet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I misread it. Not swollen and not impeding his walking... I would try the epsom salt soak. If he won't let you soak it, then get a washcloth wet with epsom salt water and wrap it around the leg and hold it there for 20 minutes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• He doesn't seem to want me anywhere near it. I can't tell if it was a bb gun or if it's an animal bite or that parasite. No blood anywhere on him. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Cats skin is not connected to there muscle so its common for a bite wound to just leave a little whole is it a indoor/outdoor cat?
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 7:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2013