What is the Latest time I should eat? Someone told me I shouldnt eat after 6pm is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• eating 2,000 calories early on is no different then eating it later in the day. Most of the time you eat calories late at night that you would not normally eat do to habit, and boredom so it puts on extra pounds!! A good night time snack that actually helps with your metoblism is a plate full of veggies example: lettuce leaf, tomato slices, cucumber slices, thin sliced deli turkey, one slice of reduced fat cheese (mozz is good thin sliced) and roll them up in the lettuce leaf and you have a great snack you dont have to feel guilty about.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't eat after 7pm. Its supposed to help with weight loss, I guess.
    Anonymous

• my doc told me dont eat after 8 it keeps fat from building in your sleep,
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well...the bottom line is that if you consume less calories you'll lose weight. A lot of people have a habit of snacking after dinner and end up consuming a lot of calories at the very end of the day. If you break that habit, yes, you're more likely to lose weight...but it is because you're cutting calories not because of the time of day.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i dont eat after 7pm it sets up for bad habits, plus, why eat and then go to bed within a couple of hours?
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Your digestion slows down when you are sleeping. Many practitioners feel that during this time the food eaten sits in the digestive system and more fat is absorbed. Eating before bedtime can result in food sitting around in your stomach and becoming putrid (especially if you've eaten a fruit or a veggie). Eating heavy starches and cheese before bed can contribute to headaches as well as acid reflux. There is also a connection between eating before bed and having nightmares.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009