How often is frequent when it comes to nosebleeds?

i had one about a month ago, and another today. it started off as just one little drop this morning and stopped, then just now at dinner i felt it again and it was a few more drops and it stopped. i have these sneezing fits almost daily so i think im allergic to something in my house (hopefully not the cats, maybe dust) anyway im trying not to freak out and tell myself its normal allergy related stuff. how frequent do they need to occur before you should see a doctor about it? by the way i havent had nosebleeds other than the two ive had lately for years.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Health

• Typically at least one on a weekly basis. Yours is likely due to allergies or weather. (extremely dry weather tends to dry out the nose and causes the epithelial cells to "crack' more. Add in allergies and it'll cause nosebleeds.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• thanks. i wish i wasnt such a hypochondriac. i checked other possible reasons for nosebleeds and my blood pressure is good, and im pretty positive i dont have liver disease lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Frequent would be weekly to me. But I do not think nose bleads come with alergies. At least I do not have them with my alergies.
    Go ask a doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I used to get them all the time as a kid. (as in wake up twice or more in a week with nosebleeds.) They were always worse during allergy season and I don't have allergies. A lot of it was attributed during the change in weather.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I guess it would depend on how much you bleed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I'd be more concerned with how much blood and how long it bled. I would think what you described was due to irritation of some sort. My nose bleeds on occasion, especially during the winter with the dry air from heaters.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• its very little blood. takes one tissue to make it stop, over within 2 minutes.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I get a couple of nosebleeds a week, and consider that infrequent, at least compared to how much I used to have them before I got the weak spot in my nasal lining cauterized. I wouldn't think one or two a month is anything at all to worry about, especially if they're all of short duration like you described.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• put some vasaline up there
    sounds dry
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• More than once a week is considered frequent. As long as you're not in an anime, you're fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2013