Exercising at night?

i have an elliptical and i want to start using it again. mornings are crazy here, and i was doing it late mornings but i always need a shower after and thats hard to do when the kids need lunch and are running crazy, etc. i was thinking of squeezing in a new routine and doing it before bed, around 8-9 pm and then i can take my shower and relax/go to bed after. do you exercise at night?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I do esp. when I have restless legs. I exercise bike cycle for about 5-10 minutes then I can sleep.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I use to do it at night because that was the only time I had, when the kids were in bed. I've since found a gym for only $7/month no sign up fee, childcare is only $5 more/month - kids get to play and I get to exercise, win!

Answer by missanc at 7:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I always found it kept me awake to exercise too late in the evening. Like after dinnerish.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Exercise knocks me out so sometimes I take a long walk in the evening with my husband. I used to walk on my treadmill in the evening and slept better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I go to zumba at 5:30 and the last couple of weeks I have stayed and done the 6:45 class too- I go to bed around 9:30 or 10

they say to work out a couple hours before bed, but whatever works for you- I mean if you can sleep shortly after, then go for it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I don't now, but I used to work out after work before I was married. I worked until 6:30 or 7 and would head to the gym after that and work out until about 8:30-9 and then would grab something small for dinner. I would eat and then take a shower before going to bed. Some people get energized by working out so night times don't work for them. I guess it all depends on how it affects your body.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I take a long walk after lunch
    luisdodson

Answer by luisdodson at 2:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• i walk daily but it isn't enough for me. instead of maintaining my weight i want to lose a few pounds.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• The new craze around here are the gyms that are open 24/7. Time of day doesn't matter as much as doing it in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I would prefer to excersise during the day, but I do go to the gym some nights around 8 or 9. It's absoutetly better to excersise than not at all.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2013