Do your kids have a facebook account? How old are they?

I know a couple people that their 8 year olds have one and they had once since 5, but I am not sure yet, but my oldest just turned 8 and she has been asking me for an account. But I was thinking just not for sure yet. If I do it would be just the young kids that I know that has them and family and her account and pics would be set to private of course and I would monitor it, but she wants it mostly for the games she sees me play only I want let her play them because and example is candy crush....well you want to be the one to unlock your next level lol. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• No. They are 12 and 13. Facebook isn't cool anymore!

Answer by missanc at 9:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Nope, he is only 7 and there is no reason for it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Neither of my kids do. The oldest is only 6.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• If it's set to private, maybe. My teenage stepson has one, but I'd be happier if he didn't because he sometimes gets careless about posting things that upset relatives in another state or that give out too much personal info. A regular teenager would probably be fine--my stepson has special needs--but at eight, I wouldn't have considered it unless there was a way that only family could see it and it didn't have all those gambling game ads on it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• No and they are 8 and 2 but I do have a family member that allows her kids that are (13,8.5,3) and I know for a fact the older 3 have accounts.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I let my oldest get an account when he was 10. I have the password, and I monitor it every day, deleting things his friends post that are inappropriate. It's set to private.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My son is 10 and has not showed an interest in FB. He also said he does not have any friends who have an account.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• My son was 11. It was closely monitored. Now he is 18 and only uses twitter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• No. One is almost 8 and the other is 10. I think I will discourage them from using FB or Twitter, or any of the other little snipe sites.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• nope, my kids are 4 and 2...they dont even know what FB is haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2013