Oh my gosh, what to do?

DD is all up in my face tonight. I don't know why she is feeling sooooo needy. She wants to play a game (not any game, she wants to play volleyball with a beach ball inside the house), she wants me to make her something, she wants me to make her a Popsicle NOW. I mean, she is almost 8. She knows this stuff doesn't just happen with the snap of a finger. It's not even officially the first day of summer break for her and she is already on my back.

What kinds of things do you keep your kids busy with when they get a little too needy?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• here is a book I show my students. I tell them that they can do most of these projects without any help.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Music-Book-Helen-Drew/dp/1564582159

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 10:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I whip out my phone. Plant my Son on the couch & put on angry birds on my cell phone. Done! Ahhhh,,,,,,,
    For my Daughter, I give her a bowl of Cheerios & put on Little Bear! Done!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Thankfully mine have been playing with each other most of the day.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• How old is your daughter again?

Make peanut butter playdough. That's always a fallback for me. Equal parts smooth peanut butter, honey, and dry powdered milk. Mix together, knead into a ball with hands. If it's too sticky, add more dry milk. Fun to play with, good to eat in small doses.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I send him outside or give him a chore to do.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• I wish cheerios would keep her happy. She wants a snow cone (easy enough to do, just a PITA to get all of the stuff out). Her and her brother played together a while ago, but DS is watching something. She has 2 ipads she can play on and she doesn't want to play any games. She just wants to complain to me and make me want to guzzle this mediocre bloody mary I made.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• She is almost 8. You are a nicer mom than me Ballad. She hasn't had any kind of playdoh for quite a while.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2013

• Cool book musicmaker. I'll have to hook her up with one of those.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2013