Can you get pallets free?

What stores let you take pallets free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can almost always find free pallets on craigslist, type free pallets in the search engine. I know our local lumber yard gives them away every once in a while, you have to pick up obviously. Search free pallets in your area.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Some places do.

BUT no one ever stops to think WHAT was on the pallet. Raw meat, toxic chemicals, pesticides, mold, feces, rats.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Yes, you can get them for free. My husband used to have to chop them up to heat his parents' house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• My ex and I built a front porch for our first mobile home out of free pallets.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Depends entirely on where you live. Here, you can not.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• If you find some for free you need to make sure that they are not made of chemically treated wood. There are specific symbols to look for, I don't remember what they are, but definitely google that first.

I know that DH can get them from work if need be. All you can do is call and ask different places.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2013