Do you brush your teeth at least 3 times a day? What is your regimen?

I have been trying to get my kids in the habit of brushing immediately after every meal. I also carry Colgate Wisps, dental floss, travel size mouth rinse with me everywhere. My doctor advised me that it would not only help save a lot of money by preventing future health problems but also help increase your lifespan.

Oral health has been linked to heart disease, inflammation conditions, and other diseases because the germs can literally travel straight from your mouth into your blood stream.

Some people also do not know that fruit juices wear down your teeth enamel, which is another reason to rinse and brush frequently.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/katies-take-abc-news/watch-mouth-213744051.html

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 1:06 AM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Health

• I brush twice a day, sometimes three times now that I get such a dry mouth from Sjogren's Syncrome. I floss, probably not as often as I should, and I also go to the dentist every three months for cleanings instead of just twice a year. Sjogren's can lead to a lot of tooth problems, so I'm trying to stay out ahead of it. My daughter brushes her teeth at night, but likely not long enough or thoroughly enough. We're working on it. Sometimes I can get her to do it in the mornings, mostly right after she sees the dentist and he coaxes her. But mornings often get hectic and something more interesting than a toothbrush is waiting, so she can be hard to corral.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• No. I do morning and night, twice a day regularly and maybe one extra time if I'm going somewhere special. I have great teeth, aside from dry mouth (caused by my auto immune disease). My kids do the same and none of the five have any cavities.

Answer by missanc at 1:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• My kid will brush her teeth once a day for less than a minute before bed. Thanks for the reminder I will get on her more for it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I recommend Biotene for dry mouth and regular rinsing. It's not burning like Listerine is, but it has probiotics in it that help promote better oral health. They also make a version for pets since pets are also susceptible to the same dental health-overall health connection.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I brush morning and night, and floss between meals. My kids do the same.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• i brush after breakfast and before bed, and probably no where near as long as i should. i forget to floss a lot. every time i go to the dentist (which isnt as often as i should) im told "wow you have great teeth!" so i figure im good. shoot, i even still have 3 of my wisdom teeth. my kids brush every night, but im not as good about making them brush in the morning...mostly cause i dont do mornings well. three times a day, plus all the other stuff seems excessive...ive got bigger things on my plate than worrying about my teeth. maybe thats just cause i was gifted great teeth that have never given me any problems.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I brush in the morning and at night. Sometimes, I'll brush a third time, usually if we have corn on the cob or something else that gets stuck in my teeth to get it out. I don't floss. My teeth are super close together, and I've always had trouble getting floss in there - it either doesn't go or it doesn't go and then suddenly does and goes so far that I end up with my gums hurting.

My kids, I'm lucky if they brush once a day without me hovering. They usually brush at night, although now that my oldest has discovered girls, he's started to brush twice a day.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• We brush and sometimes floss twice a day. Thanks for sharing this information.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Twice a day and so does my son.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2013