Have you ever bought eyeglasses online? Was it better or worse than buying it from a local store?

Any good sites you would recommend?

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 1:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Health

• I have from Zenni Optical. For me and both my kids. You just get a copy of your prescription from your eye doctor (make sure you get the pupillary distance! You can figure it yourself, but it's easier to get it from the doctor). You can see all the frames, and they all have the measurements listed. You can look at the ear piece of your current glasses to get the measurements to compare the frames you like to the ones you already have to see how they match up. I got them much, much cheaper than they are through the eye doctor, and they are just as good.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I have, don't remember the name of the store. they were only $16. I had my eye measurements from the optomotist so it wasn't any different then buying in store and most places will adjust the glasses for you(ear pieces) even if you didn't buy them there).

I think it was zenni optical. I still have the glasses but had to get bifocals so I don't use them and haven't gotten around to replacing the lenses in them.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Yes I bought my glasses and contacts through Clearly Contacts..............they are great as long as you have all the right info from your prescription you should be fine, as long as you know what size and style suits you, seeing you can physically try them on...........you might find a style you like, but just make sure they arent too small or big for your face, you can search them by small medium and large frames, all dimensions are listed though
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I have bought frames online but still went to my eye dr to replace the lenses.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I have bought my kids' glasses through Zenni Optical. They are cheapie ones, but they are nice. You can upload a picture and "try" them on. I got each kid a pair of prescription sunglasses and my older son a pair just for karate for under $100. The ones they wear every day were the expensive ones from Lenscrafters, and those two pairs cost almost $600. Outrageous, but better quality frames and lenses for everyday wear. When it's time to replace the lenses, I will get the new lenses at Walmart. I have gotten glasses there several times, but the last time around they didn't have frames that I liked, and that's why we ended up at Lenscrafters, paying so much.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I like Hour Eyes for a local store. I've usually paid about $100-150 for designer Ellen Tracy/Gucci frames and lenses without insurance and with insurance it's about half price because I get the thinner lenses that insurance doesn't cover. I don't really look for designer lenses but those just happened to be the only ones I liked, and they were cheap despite being designer brands. LensCrafters has always been super expensive for no reason from what I can remember.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 6:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• Gosh I want to give you all best answers!
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2013