bedtime

what do you do if your child falls asleep before bedtime. lets say bedtime is 8pm and your child is asleep at 6pm. do you let them sleep or wake them up?

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think if they sleep through the night, let em sleep.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That depends.

Like the PP said, if they're going to sleep for the night and they just happen to fall off early, let them sleep.

But if they're just tired and want a nap before betime, wake them up.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• How do you tell the difference?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Depends on the age. Mine right now...2, 3, 5...I'd wake them up until bedtime.

Or at least closer to...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Normally I wake them up. My son I don't bother with him because if he falls asleep that early then that means he is sick. My daughter is different. If she falls aleep that early she has to be woken up until bed time because she will be up in the middle of the night in the kitchen looking for something to drink or playing with her baby dolls. Doesn't get into anything but the fact that she is up while I'm sleep freaks me out.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Depends on what they were doing when they fell asleep. If they missed a nap and are getting in a late one, then yeah, I'd wake them up. But, if they have been running around all day and being very busy, I would assume they are really worn out and are going to bed earlier.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009