What to do...the mother hasn't come back yet...

My 6 yr old had a friend spend the night. We haven't seen her in a year because they moved. The girls mother was suppose to pick her up at 9 this morning. She's not answering her phone and it's after 1 here.

My delimia is that we have family in town and plans to go to the river and BBQ with them. I've waited long enough for this lady to come get her kid. I'm thinking about taking her with us and leaving a note where we will be.

What would you do?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 2:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• Honestly I would probably do the same thing. Leave a note and if you want you cell number of where you will be. It isn't your fault that she is so late and you aren't taking the child anywhere overly inappropriate or far away.

Call and leave a message on whatever number you do have as well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Leave a message & tell her where you'll be.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Well you can't just leave the kid at your house by themselves. If mama hasn't contacted you by the time you need to leave, you take the kid with you and leave a note.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• First instinct is ask the kid if there is another number to call because something could have happened to mom
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I would do just what you are thinking of doing....

Answer by older at 2:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• is this lady typically late? im concerned that something is wrong with her. is she the type of woman that would say she'd be there at 9 and then be 4 hours late and not pick up the phone?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Call her phone, if posible, leave a message on it. Leave a not on your door for her too. And go have fun.

Answer by louise2 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Idk her very well. The little girl doesn't know any numbers. I've left her a vm and a FB message. I hope nothing happened to her. It's a small town so I'm sure I would have heard if there was an accident.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• She was suppose to pick her up at 9 and at 1 you still have not heard from the Mother. I would have drove her home at 10.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Don't you hate it when that happens? I had a friend of my daughter's here a few days ago till 9:30 at night because her grandma didn't show up. It made my daughter an hour late for bed. Anyway, I agree with the others, don't spoil your plans. Leave a note and a phone message, and go about your business.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2013