I'm out of the dating loop

I'm supposed to have a date tonight. I've been chatting with this guy, texting and POF emails only for the past 2 weeks. I also texted him a picture of my new haircut and color. He said it was nice but then I didn't really hear much after that. We usually are texting up until 10 or 11 each night. We decided to go out for a drink tonight. Yesterday he said he'll text me today with the details. I usually get some texts during the day but I haven't heard from him since 8:30 last night. Shouldn't we have known what we're going to do on the date by yesterday? I'm not one to do this last minutes plans. I think it's rude. My gut feeling is that he's blowing me off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm not sure where you are, but where I am it's nearly 4pm now. If I'd had plans for tonight to meet him and hadn't heard anything yet to firm them up, I'd be making other plans. I wouldn't even bother with texting to find out, I'd just make other plans - even if it was just to kick back and watch a movie while munching some popcorn.

I'm kind of...not sure what the right word is. If I had plans for tonight, I would have wanted them firmed up by Thursday at the latest, to allow me time to make sure I had a sitter, and could get other things done today that I planned to get done.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• You know those phones also work to call people?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• If he is not man enough to call you on the phone and ask you on a proper date he is not worth your time. Probably looking for a booty call and not much more.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I would not take anyone serious who just wanted to text.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Do you call each other or has it just been texting for 2 weeks?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I hope he isn't blowing you off. I agree, dial the phone and talk to him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• New age dating I do not understand. I will say,text him. Ask him if you are still going out tonight. If he does not answer. Or say he will get back to you about it. Tell him that's ok. I made different plans.
    Why do that? Because he is blowing you off.

Answer by louise2 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• it's just been texting.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2013