im sick and 8 weeks prego. coughing etc

i have a really bad cold ..runny nose sore throat . bad hard coughing.
is this something i should go to the doctor about to get some med.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should be fine, just ride it out, unless you get worse then see your doctor.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had a cold around that same time. It was horrible but it'll go away shortly. Just eat lots of soup and drink a lot of fluids!
    Anonymous

• One thing my doctor recommended when I was pregnant was a warm humidifier and it worked pretty well.
    forRobyn

Answer by forRobyn at 8:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Sorry to say that there is not much that you can do except for ride it out. Like forrobyn said use a humidifier maybe take some warm showers to loosen everything up. Tea helps too try peppermint, or lemon they are pretty good for that.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 8:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The doctor will not give you anything.Try a hot shower.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant, I had a horrible cold, I called my OBGYN he told me to take just straight sudefed...when you go the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist, make sure to tell him your pregnant and he or she will help you...that helped me...hope this helps
    djsmommy129

Answer by djsmommy129 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009