Who has had success using metformin and clomid? How long did it take for you?

I'm currently trying to conceive, I have PCOS and my doctor put me on metformin and clomid about a month ago. I'm just on here trying to get some support and hopefully hear some success stories. Have any of you ladies been successful with this combo?

Thanks!

hopn4little1

Asked by hopn4little1 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Clomid did nothing for me, but I was eventually surprised by joy after I gave up trying. Best of luck to you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Watch your blood sugar with Metformin. I take it for diabetes.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I used clomid and did an IUI, it's not in-vitro, so when the doctors told me I had a 95% chance of getting pregnant and might even have twins, I was not convinced. Guess what. I did NOT get pregnant, even the doctor himself had no clue why not. Then I stopped trying, few months later was going to break with the guy, not because of pregnancy or anything but the illegal things I found out that he was doing. Next thing I know, I get back together with him for one weekend since I was lonely, and I become pregnant. Now I'm a single mom and I love it :) Don't need no man, just my daughter! Sometimes it just helps to stop thinking about it and worrying about it. Then it happens when you least expect it. Good luck to you!
    Nicollea

Answer by Nicollea at 1:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2013