my daughter wont leave abusive boyfriend

My daughter is 22 years old she moved out 5 months ago he treath us. .and she still went with him.he treats her like a dog she's not to have friends or drive .work or even talk to me . He will hit her. She has to follow his rules or she will get iit . Please how can I make her undestand to leave .that it won't get better .

esmerald

Asked by esmerald at 4:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• You can't. She has to decide to leave plan and simple. Most women take 5-6 times of leaving to finally leave for good.

You can't make her decide to leave or make her see how she should leave.

Just let her know that you are there if she needs you and then leave it alone.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• **plain and simple*
    tntmom1027

• Just let her know when she does leave, she can always come home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• She will leave him when she is ready. Just make her know you are there for her.

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I once had a friend that got beat by her boyfriend. I tryed so hard to get her to leave. She did... then she went back to him. "He changed" she says and then she gets beat again... Then he gets her pregnant agenst her will.... and does what to her? Beats her whall shes pregnant... I discontinued friendship she didnt want to change. So whole pregnancy she gets beat... baby comes and low and behold at 1 years old cps takes him away covered in bruises... Dad goes to jail.. at this point is the time she left him. Years and years of telling herself that hes a goo guy. It took her child getting beat and taken for her to change... Long story short... you cant do anything... I tryed everything.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 4:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I was in an abusive relationship with my sons father for 5 years. I was young and thought I was in love, and for some reason thought he loved me too. Anyway I left and came back too many times to count. My mom, my friends, and everyone tried to talk me into leaving for good, but I never listened. One day I just got fed up and left for good. My point is until shes ready no one will be able to persuade her.. It has to be her choice..
    mommaluv26

Answer by mommaluv26 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• You can't. Plain and simple she has to go when she's ready.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• As sad as it is, all you can do is let her know she has a place to come home to when she finally gets good and fed up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• It is true that she will go only when she's had enough, but also make sure she knows you see the real him and his behavior is not normal or expectable that way she will have that voice in her head when he hurts her soon she wont be able to tune it out and leave......or you could hire a guy just jokeing lol
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I agree, you can't. All you can do is try to make sure she knows she can always come to you. Any pushing or attempts on your part to make her see what she isn't ready to could just make her shut you out, as sad as that is to say.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2013