Cat scratching

How do I get my cats to stop scratching the stairs? They have a kitty condo and a scratching post where they are supposed to scratch, and do. Even so they still scratch the stairs to the point that I have patched a hole in the carpet. Now they are scratching right next to where I patched the hole. Any advice??

forRobyn

Asked by forRobyn at 8:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pets

• This site should help alot! http://www.paws.org/cas/resources/fact_sheets_cats/scratching.php
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• There is a "No scratch" spray that is safe for pets and children that you can buy at the Petsmart. Or you can spray them with water -- just a little spritz and they don't like that. My cats do the same thing and I do not believe in declawing -- both of these have worked for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I spray our cat with water when he's bad.....it usually works...although my kitchen chairs would disagree with me. LOL
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i use a spray bottle and water and it works preety good but you have to be consistent!!
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 5:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009