I need to use 2 chicken breasts

I was prepping a few different recipes, and I cooked some chicken to shred for one of my dishes - but I ended up doing 2 more breasts than I ended up needing (so they're not shredded yet). Anyone have any ideas on what to do with them? Any recipes you think I just NEED to try (because they're THAT good, haha) that I can do with 2 already cooked breasts? lol

If I don't get any answers I can always figure something out, but I was trying to think outside of my usual box ;)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Shred them and make fajitas.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Mmmm! Whatever the heck you want! Maybe a chicken, black bean and corn pasta salad if it's hot there
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I always cook extra chicken breasts and cut them into pieces to use for chicken caesar wraps for lunch. Granted, that's not overly exciting, but it makes for a yummy quick lunch.

Or I cut them up to use in fettuccine alfredo. Again, not overly exciting, but the kids love my homemade alfredo sauce so that's always a hit around here. Kristi already suggested fajitas which is actually what I'm doing with the extra steak from tonight's dinner.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• "I always cook extra chicken breasts and cut them into pieces to use for chicken caesar wraps for lunch. Granted, that's not overly exciting, but it makes for a yummy quick lunch. "

Haha, that sounds like a great idea, anime_mom. Great, quick, easy idea, especially since sometimes I'm just worrying about me and don't want to prepare a whole meal. I like the alfredo idea, too (I do mine homemade as well)

The fajitas sound really good, too - and I have some tortillas left over from prepping the burritos I keep in the freezer...

Good ideas, ladies, thanks! :D
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Chop the chicken up in small pieces. In a saucepan, stir together cream of chicken soup and milk, and any seasonings you might like, such as onion powder. Add a cup or so of corn, then when it's all bubbling hot, add a cup or more of grated Cheddar cheese and stir till it melts. Eat as a chowder or served over baked potatoes or rice. This is a favorite at my house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• yummy, ballad :)

I'm going to have to save some of these ideas and remember them later! Since I can only really choose one right now, haha ;)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I'm making a pasta salad and would throw chicken in if I had any.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• You can always shred it and freeze it in Ziploc bags to use later!
    But I just made taco filling with a chicken breast, so here it goes!
    Sautée some chopped onion and garlic, add finely chopped potato (optional) and cook it until soft. Add the shredded chicken and slightly brown it. Add crushed tomato (or tomato purée), season with salt, add some water to cover, bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook until the liquid is gone.
    Make tacos with this filling in corn tortillas, secure with a toothpick and either fry them in some hot oil, or you cake them in the over, slightly sprayed with Pam.
    Serve with guacamole, salsa and shredded lettuce!
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Sounds amazing, momto2boys! :)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Momto2boys that sounds so good! I'm going to remember that one.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2013