Trying to grow my hair super long & Shiny!! Any Suggestions??

I recently started growing my hair out its gotten pretty long a little bit past my shoulders but its kinda stringy and oily and kind of flat on top. I want to grow it a little past my boobs. how can i reduce the oil? Bump the top up? and get it to grow longer and shiny faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Hair can only grow so fast. How are you trying to make it shiny? Are you using anything for shine? That might be why it's oily and flat.
    Anonymous

• i started losing my hair last year-i am only 22-i work at a pharmacy and I was suggested to try 1st Century Hair skin and nails.. After taking it for about 6months my hair grew 4 inches and thickened. I recommend it !!!! it only cost about 5$
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Believe it or not, one of the secrets is to get regular trims so you don't get frizzy damaged ends. The rest really depends on what you're using. Products tend to make hair oily. Hair dryers tend to kill the shine. So, what happens if you just wash and air dry?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Vitamin D can help your hair to be healthier and stronger. Nails, too. Don't go crazy with it though. About 2000 IU a day is plenty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Start taking prenatal vitamins. When I was pregnant, my hairs was a lot like you described. After about a month give or take, my hair had grown, was healthier, and shinier. Also, go to the salon get it cut, not a lot because you want it long, but get it "layered" but not a lot. It will give your hair some bounce and texture. The smart style salon in walmart has this stuff called 'silk drops' from Design Line. It smells great, it will smooth the hair and make it shiny without the oily look. Its kinda pricey, but a little goes a long way.

DesignLine Silk Drops Repair and Serum

This is what the bottle looks like.,

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I used to have really long hair but it was easier when I was a teenager. It was to my waist then. Now it's to my shoulders. Healthy diet works for your hair and nails as well as for the rest of your body. The right shampoo for your hair type is the first step. My hair has gotten less greasy as I've hit 30. So I wash every other day and condition every time I wash. I rarely ever blow dry my hair but my hair has a little bit of a natural wave. Blow drying can damage your hair unless you use the right products to prevent it. im a less is more type person, though, so I dont use many hair products. If your hair is greasy you probably want to wash it every day. My mom gave me this tip - wash your scalp, not your hair, condition your hair, not your scalp. There are many products on the market now for shine. Another tip for shiny hair is to do an extra rinse in cool/cold water after you rinse out your conditioner in the shower. GL!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I am a barber/ cosmetologist student what product are you using? You need to wash your hair with products that contain zinc and lavender and argon oil. wash your hair every three days and also do a monthly hot oil treatment. any questions drop me a line.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• If her hair is oily why would she only wash it every 3 days? I've never heard anyone say that before. What's the reasoning for that? Just wondering
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• just take care of your hair --Use Hair masks one a week or natural masks like avocado ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2013

• For shine there is hair gloss. Be sure to keep your hair trimmed. Also, eat right and drink plenty of water. Your hair will reflect your general overall health.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2013