Now my dog smells *too* good? What can I do?

I hired a mobile groomer to give my dog the spa treatment today. Sixty bucks for a bath, thorough brushing, ear and teeth cleaning, nailtrimming, and she parked her spa truck right in front of my house and even let my daughter watch and ask questions the whole time. The groomer did an awesome job, and it needed doing because the dog was shedding rivers. But she used some kind of horrid awful pink soap, and the smell of it is killing me. I'm sensitive to synthetic odors like that but didn't even think of telling the groomer. If my dog were a jacket or a toy, I'd throw her in a bag with baking soda or hang her out on the porch rail all night, but I don't think she'd be too thrilled with either idea. I can hardly stand to share the living room with her. Any brilliant solutions?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2013 in Pets

• If she wasn't asleep I'd say to let her outside. Every time I wash mine she can't wait to get outside and roll around!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Get some dirty cloths and rub on her. Might get rid of some of the smell.

Answer by louise2 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Maybe put a little vinegar on a towel and rub her down. It'll reek for a few but should cut down on the smell.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• The only thing I can think of is to rinse her off, which kind of sucks because you just paid 60 bucks to get her washed! Bummer!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• I don't know how the poor thing can stand herself. She's snoring away on the carpet by my desk, and the smell is seriously making my eyes water.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2013

• Oh, I would, but she's a prim and pretty princess. A black Labrador that tiptoes across the lawn when it's wet with dew because she doesn't like the feel of it on her feet. If I wanted her to roll around on the ground, I'd have to tackle her and move her body back and forth my own damn self. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• LOL I agree with the vinegar idea. Or perhaps sprinkle baking soda on her and then vacuum it off lol but that would mostly likely make a huge mess..

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2013

• Between the pink soap and the farts from the bacon treats the groomer gave her, which aren't agreeing with her, she's going to smoke me out of my own house. Maybe I'll sleep on the porch.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2013